Friday, May 20, 2011

Food Update

First of all...Thanks everyone for the reassurance and support for the bottle feeding! And the baby food. It's always nice to know you're not alone in those things.

As for an update, I have stopped worrying about his eating habits so much. Don't get me wrong, I still worry, just not as much. Alex eats - mainly orange foods and now fruit (As long as there are bananas in them). And has been absolutely LOVING his bottle and formula. He gets so excited every time he sees me shaking up his bottle. It actually makes me feel pretty happy and excited as well. However, I only give it to him twice a day, and the rest of the day is water. He still doesn't like drinking juice. Oddly enough, since he has now realized he likes to eat fruit. As for the vegetables, anything orange is a go. So, I have learned to mix those orange veggies with others, and he still gobbles them up.

It has been such a relief having him eat again. However, it still gets frustrating when he gets distracted or starts spitting food at me. I have come to realize that he just wants to feed himself. And sadly, I have to let him. I say SADLY because he makes such a mess...and I have to clean him up. Yes, I knew that was part of the job description when I became a mother, but it doesn't mean I have to like it! :)

Since he likes to feed himself so much - and I mean, he really does enjoy it a lot. I have started giving him table foods - super soft and cooked veggies. Like corn, carrots, sweet and regular peas, bread, and some fruits. Most of it ends up between his legs or on the floor, but it's a little easier to clean up than baby food. Now that feeding is becoming less of an issue, I have been able to relax a little more and get him down to a schedule. It's been wonderful! He has been so much happier and relaxed. And much easier to handle too. It almost makes me want to start on number two...ALMOST. But not quite. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad! I've noticed that a lot of times what I think is Ender being uptight about things is ME being uptight about things! (oops!)
    And I, too, do not like the messes...so yeah, since they're part of the deal, cleaning is part of the deal too.
    ...In not too long (well, depending how you look at it), I'll have the task of cleaning up baby food, too! Aaah! I've blissfully forgotten those messes!

    ReplyDelete