Monday, November 21, 2011

Ponderings and Confessions...

After reading and pondering more on my last post with Bob Stein's thoughts, I realized that there are probably some things I should stand up and speak for. Those who know me really well, (mainly 1-2 close family members, a friend or two, and my wonderful amazing husband); know that I am not a confrontational person. At all. In fact, I try to avoid it as much as possible. I don't like arguments - even philosophical and political "friendly" arguments. They honestly make me uncomfortable. Call it cowardice, weakness, stupidity, childlike, or even naive if you will! But that is me. I may put up a strong "tough girl" front all of the time, but it's really my shield. A way to steer clear of confrontation. As much as I try to keep my emotions in check, they tend to live on the surface most days. I know I hardly, if ever, talk about my religion anywhere or to anybody. And it's because I don't want people, especially those I love and respect, to knock it down, to trash it, demean it, or belittle its significance. Anything that I hold precious and dear to me I keep very close. My family, for example, I keep VERY close to me. I try to call, contact, keep in touch through faceboook, or letters with each and every one of them. Because, as nagging to them as it may be, I love them and never want to lose touch with them.

My belief is the same to me. I am selfish about both, and tend to not want to share any of them. I guess with family, it is all right to be selfish sometimes. But I realize, I shouldn't be so selfish with the things I believe in. (Okay, here comes a little more background of me). I was born and raised as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I grew up with my parents testimonies giving strength to my own. I remember that I LOVED going to primary every Sunday; learning at an early age of my Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. I can still sing many primary songs, and they always bring happiness and comfort to me. I remember the first time I read the Book of Mormon all the way through on my own, and how I felt the first time I prayed to know if it was true. I was thirteen years old, and felt the Holy Ghost testify to me it was true. I also remember reading and learning about our modern day prophets and apostles, and know that they are men called of God. But most importantly, I remember the day I gained a firm testimony and knowledge that Jesus is the Christ, the only begotten Son of our Heavenly Father. And how that knowledge helped me realize that I am a daughter of God! And He hears and answers my prayers. I know this, because I have seen it throughout my whole life. Jesus Christ is my Savior and my best friend! He is always there, and I constantly speak with him through prayer; both in my heart and on my knees.

I may not shout my belief's from the roof tops, or readily share it with a passing stranger - I think I am still too shy for that. But I do want it known that I believe in Jesus Christ, that He came to this earth to save all men (and women) from sin. I know He gave His life for us, because He loved/loves us that much. I also know that the Book of Mormon is true. And that Joseph Smith was called of God to establish His church on the earth once more. I also want it known that I know our current prophet , President Thomas S. Monson, is called of God to help lead us through these latter days. This is my testimony and my belief's, and if you want to question it fine. I'll answer as best as I can, and pray that you question with an open mind and heart to what I have to say. I will continue to pray for courage and strength to share this belief with others, and hope that they will be kind enough to listen.

For those who may have questions now, I know of an awesome website! :) Most have probably already heard about it, but it's www.mormon.org. I actually enjoy that website myself, and hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment